[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7940/7960 QOS?

Chris Maynard ishigoemon at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 17:22:57 MST 2004

Actually, atleast on the SCCP load, the phone would take precedence
over the computer plugged into the phone. Anything else plugged into
the switch would be able to disrupt the call, however, and, as Rich
said, both ends of your upstream connection would need to prioritize
the voip traffic to get a reliable QoS. That applies, of course, only
if you are terminating over the internet. If you are terminating to a
local FXO the gateway/* box may need to prioritize the traffic.

Chris