[Asterisk-Users] Medium volume 100% SIP/IAX PBX.

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Sep 17 16:22:38 MST 2004

> 	Does anyone have experience with a %100 all VoIP * setup?  I imagine an
> office with 50 extensions or so, a full T1 connected to a decent ISP and
> an account with NuFone (IAX2 trunking, G729a).  I would need to support
> at least 25 simultaneous outgoing (7960G -> Asterisk -> NuFone -> PSTN)
> phone calls.  I would probably keep four or so analog lines for local
> calls, 411, 911, etc.  Does anyone have any personal experience with
> such a setup?  Would you put YOUR business on it?  I would be willing to
> throw as much money as needed at hardware, dual Xeons, etc, if it would
> at least be possible.
>
> Thanks for your responses.

I know of several that are working fine. We've got our small business on
it too, but we're doing BV via a DSL; we have much lower call volume
requirements.

Think about the network infrastructure as well, including UPS's on
switches, routers, and other assets needed to place calls.

Legal folks would also suggest a pots phone (Red Phone) for use in
emergencies (or when asterisk just happens to fail at the wrong time),
employee training on when to use it, etc. Certainly could be bridged
to * as one of the four local lines that you mentioned.