[Asterisk-Users] using Astriskfor MGCP

Eytan Radian eytan at tdsoft.com
Fri Sep 17 12:27:53 MST 2004

Hi

We have been used the ASTERISK to respond and connect simple MGCP Media
gateway devices. Calls and configuration where simple and strait forward.
The phones are connected via residential gateway that converts RJ11 (POTS)
into MGCP VOIP Following was observed:

	Basic call.

 Port aaln/1 calls to aaln/2  with phone number 1002.
When aaln/1 does off-hook ASTERISK  sends us immediately CRCX with remote IP
of ASTERISK machine.
I don’t understand what is a purpose to do it ?

Later Asterisk modifies the address to correct IP(off per phone). It is not
problematic for one call, but may be reason for failures on bulk calls.

Since ASTERISK doesn’t send dial plan we send each digit separately. After
each digit ASTERISK sends us new request. As a results there are a lot of
messages.

Is it possible to support dial plan (digit map plan) within MGCP messages?

Eytan