FW: [Asterisk-Users] Polycom IP500

Mark Rizzo mrizzo at perpetual.com
Fri Sep 17 09:53:17 MST 2004

I just did some tinkering with my IP500s.  If I send an instant message to
someone by just typing in their extension, I can see that Asterisk is
receiving the message (The Polycom sends to ext@(IP of Asterisk box)) but
Asterisk does not forward the message on the other Polycom.

If I address the message to the ext@(IP of the other Polycom phone) it
works, I don't think the Polycom even talks with Asterisk server at that
point.

I am curious what your SIP.conf looks like and your Polycom configs.  How
are you addressing the other phone when you send an IM?

Since Asterisk knows the IP of each registered SIP peer I would have hoped
it could relay the message but it is not doing that for me.  My Asterisk
code is about 2 weeks old...

Send your configs sip.conf and your phone configs) so we can see how you did
this seamlessly.

Mark