[Asterisk-Users] called and callers buttons on bt100

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Fri Sep 17 07:34:48 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 19:27, Brian Capouch wrote:
> Steve Szmidt wrote:

> > This one is one of those really dumb design errors some make.
> > The fact that it has survived all this time is the scary part.
> > The only two buttons that work off-hook are Speakerphone and Messages.
> > Why they would not have Called and Callers is beyond me.

> Actually half of that functionality, the "called" button, makes some
> sense the way it works right now.

I agree...

> I called Auntie Janine last Friday afternoon and need to call her again,
> but I don't call her very often so I don't know her number from memory.
>   I pick up the phone, hit called a dozen times, and when I see her area
> code there I hit "SEND" and the phone dials it.

Then I tried the same sort of thing with the 'callers' button and got
stuck by my dialplan... as there is no way of automatically pre-pending
the correct access number for an outside line - or am I missing
something? there is a 'dial-plan-prefix' but I think one needs a
'callers-returndial-prefix' .... or hack a dialplan that senses that the
dialed number is too short and prepends with the access number...

--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, Cisco CCIE