[Asterisk-Users] reverse the selection order of zap channels for outgoing calls

James Golovich james at wwnet.net
Fri Sep 17 07:29:27 MST 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, Christopher L. Wade wrote:

> The subject says it all.
>
> Is it possible, code wise, configuration wise, at all - to reverse the
> order in which the available zap channels are used for *outgoing* calls?
>
> Code wise, I looked at the channel structure and it appears as though
> there is only a next pointer, not a previous pointer, so to 'easily' to
> this in the code would require a change to the code that reads in
> zapata.conf?
>
> I know I could simply plug the wires in 'backwards' for POTS lines, but
> I was just wondering if this could be done otherwise.

Definitely not a asterisk-dev post, keep this stuff on asterisk-users
please.

With Zap groups you have a few ways to handle it.

Zap/g1 is group 1 starting from the beginning each time
Zap/G1 is group 1 starting from the end each time
Zap/r1 is group 1 round robin from the beginning
Zap/R1 is group 1 round robin from the end

James