[Asterisk-Users] AGI Python Clear or Channel Failure?

Martyn Russell martyn.russell at bt.com
Fri Sep 17 07:35:45 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 14:58, Steven Critchfield wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 09:01, Martyn Russell wrote:
> > Is there any way to know if the return code (-1) is a clear or channel
> > failure?
>
> Does it matter. If you receive a -1 you know the line is no longer
> available and no other commands will be accepted. So all that is left
> for your app is to clean itself up and exit.

Absolutely!

If the call has been cleared, we can ignore it, if the channel fails, we
want to flag it up and report it.  Plus, why did the channel fail? It
shouldn't, so again, even more reason to report it when it happens so we
can investigate it.

If, for example, the channel fails because the PRI has been pulled out
of the back of the card, that is serious.  We need to know if it is
serious or expected, and the user clearing in the middle of the call is
expected.

--
Regards,
Martyn