[Asterisk-Users] How would you handle a fax without T.38 or G.711uLaw?

Mark Phillips kc2eni at nyc-ares.org
Thu Sep 16 15:01:18 MST 2004

I'm not sure you can. Isn't the problem to do with the slicing of the
data. Ulaw does it such that a fax can survive but others don't?

If someone else knows better then I'd love to know how. I want to change
my upstream codec to GalaxyVoice which is currently ULAW for something
skinnier like G729. Currently my need to send faxes forces my down the
G711 road.

Mark

cveazey at blackhillsfiber.com said:
> Let's say you were wanted to terminate calls onto your Asterisk system but
> your only available codec was G.729 and you had no control over the remote
> SIP proxy sending you the traffic.  What would you do?
>
> Does anyone have an update on Asterisk supporting T.38 with SIP?
>
> Thanks!

> Asterisk-Users mailing list
> Asterisk-Users at lists.digium.com

Mark Phillips, G7LTT/KC2ENI