[Asterisk-Users] Static noise and server locked when using two 4FXO tdm400p pci cards

Luis Vazquez luis at teledata.com.uy
Thu Sep 16 11:22:16 MST 2004

Hello all
We have tested for a mounth or two an asterisk PBX using one T1 channel
bank with 24 fxs and one TDM400P digium card with 4 FXO modules.
This worked with minor problems, the most notorious being some sporadic
static noice or failure in the first FXO module on the wildcard.
Now we have a client with 12 pstn lines and 48 extensions and we are
trying to deploy an Asterisk PBX server using two(x24)channel banks
(Access Bank 1) an three TDM400P pci cards with 4 FXO each.
But when we use more that one TDM400P card, after some random number of
calls, one of the cards starts to give a loud static noise when calling
from inside in all their channels and if we keep trying to use the lines
the server gets frozen.
Restarting Asterisk don't solves the problem and the only way of
recovering the channels is to reload the zaptel modules (if the system
is not locked yet).

We have seen some similar problems reports in the list, and some people
telling they asked to digium support, but not a real solution.

Does anybody knows if is this a major hardware problem with Digium TDM
cards and zaptel driver or if there is some way of fixing this?

Thanks very much
Luis