[Asterisk-Users] ID for outgoing calls from DDI (DID) line

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Thu Sep 16 10:44:56 MST 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, Maros RAJNOCH wrote:

> in my * I have one ISDN BRI line with DID (DDI) preselection.
> so in fact I have 100 extensions: +421 33 12 34 56 xx
>
> Q: Is in my power -- or in power of * -- to influence which of these
> extensions will occur in my cellular display?

I guess you mean you cant to control which of your assigned ddi extensions
show up as callerId to the remote party when calling our from your
asterisk pbx?

That is possible in principle, provided your pstn provider lets you. You
also have to agree the the format (TON and numbering plan) possibly the
number of digits to send. Then asterisk will pass whatever is set with
the SetCallerId() application in the dialplan or set in the sip.conf etc
files for each internal extension.

As an example, we send three digits which just happens to match our
internal extensions so we do not have to fiddle with SetCallerId. In
zaptel.conf we have
  prilocaldialplan=unknwon
since that is what our pstn provider wants.

Talking to your pstn provider may save you a lot of trial and error.

Peter