[Asterisk-Users] Unable to dial using SIP using FWD and iConnectHere

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Thu Sep 16 10:27:56 MST 2004

Rodolfo Grave wrote:
> Hi.
> I cant make SIP calls from asterisk.
>
> When I start asterisk, I get the following message: What does it means??
> Asterisk is not behind NAT or Firewall.
>
> ----------------------------------
> [chan_sip.so] => (Session Initiation Protocol (SIP))
>  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/sip.conf': Found
> Sep 16 09:52:33 WARNING[16384]: chan_sip.c:8477 reload_config: Unable to
> get IP address for dhcp-1111-490, SIP disabled

What is "dhcp-1111-490"? Is that the name of your linux machine?

Do your linux box get its IP via DHCP from your provider?

Do a reverse lookup on your linux boxes IP and see if it comes up as
dhcp-1111-490.yourcarrier.tld or something like that. If so, try pinging
  dhcp-1111-490 and also the reverse lookup address. You may have to add
the yourcarrier.tld to your lookup file(can't remember the name right
now) so that your dns lookups automatically attempt to search for
dhcp-1111-490.yourcarrier.tld before they fail out as unknown.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/