[Asterisk-Users] Beyond T1

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Thu Sep 16 09:17:20 MST 2004

Christopher Jacob wrote:
> All,
>
> This may be a stupid question, but here it is...
>
> What interface gives the most density? Do I top out at T1's? For instance, 4
> t1's to the Digium Quad span t1 card. Is there an interface available for T3
> or DS3?

Depending on where you using the circuits, you might try an E1. It uses
the same total bandwidth as a T1(I think), but splits the channels at
56K instead of 64K, yielding more channels. (And now I can't remember
the number.)

I haven't heard of direct DS3 connectivity...

Just stretching my imagination a little bit, you might be able to plug a
  DS3 into a H323 box, and then feed the IP-side of the calls to
asterisk....

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/