[Asterisk-Users] ERROR[16384]: chan_h323.c:1987 load_module: Gatekeeper registration failed

Carlos Maynard carlos at hottelephone.com
Thu Sep 16 06:55:52 MST 2004

I'm trying to configure Chan_H323 to register with GnuGK... without
success... i've failed finding sample configurations.

I'd greatly appreciate anyone who can provide sample config of H323.conf
and gnugk.ini

I am tyring to configure Asterisk as a neighbor in GnuGK.

I'm always getting this error on Asterisk.
ERROR[16384]: chan_h323.c:1987 load_module: Gatekeeper registration failed.

And a SecurityDenial error on GnuGK.

This is my H323.conf
/[general]
port = 1720
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0

disallow=all
allow=g729
allow=G723.1
allow=ulaw                      ; Allow codecs in order of preference
allow=alaw

gatekeeper = 66.118.228.198

context=h323

[1005]                          ; When this line and the context [1004]
lines are set
type=h323                               ; the caller id 1004 is always
sent. I don't know why.
e164=011005                     ; In case, this lines are not set, the
GS phones receives
context=default                 ; "Error" as the caller id, and the H323
phone receives
                                        ; "asterisk" as the caller-id

[1004]
type=h323
e164=011004
context=default

[asterisk]
type=h323
prefix=01
context=h323

This is my entry in GnuGK

[RasSrv::Neighbors]
asterisk=68.90.233.134;1720;01;

I've configured other GKs using this Neighbors section and it doesn't
require password.

Best regards,

Carlos Maynard Jr.
cmaynard at datatrans-inc.com