[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 79xx + asterisk + some functions Q

Nicolás Gudiño asternic at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 21:10:00 MST 2004

Hello,

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 17:56:36 +0200, Alex Ongena <alex.ongena at able.be> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to Asterisk and have some general questions _before_
> I start buying equipent to install and get everything up-and-running.
> (this means I have no running Asterisk (yet)).
>
> I have read already a lot of doc, but some things are not
> clear to me, since I'am inexperienced in Asterisk and PBX.
>
> The goal:
> Make PBX using Asterisk and Cisco 79xx equipment for 25
> phones (1 x 7970, 4 x 7960, 20 x 7905 / 7912) + 4 ISDN
> BA connections using ELSA ISDN (Hisax compliant) boards.
> I will use SIP between Cisco CP 79xx and Asterisk, and
> mainly the ISDN gateway towards the public network.

[snip]

> 6) Can we make following scenario work with Asterisk ?
>    Incomming call => secretary
>    she answers and looks on her 7960 + 7914 who's free
>    she transfers to X
>    during transfer, a db lookup is made (or own Postgresql)
>    to find a matching original tel number. As a parameter,
>    X is passed, so via IPC we can do a pop-up on his PC
>    (when on) with info of the caller.
>    X receives the call on his 7912 / 7905. On his Cisco display
>    some extra info is showed to tell him that info was found
>    and he should look to his PC.
>
> 6) Any direct pointers towards similar projects

I wrote the flash operator panel, a switchboard type console that does
all these things. You can see who is busy or idle or not registered,
you can transfer via drag and drop, you can popup a webpage with the
callerid passed to your web application (in our office, we open a
webpage with customer information and details before we pick up the
phone). You can modify the callerid text before transferring to pass
information, and many features more.. Its not exactly what you want,
but similar. It needs a PC, you cannot do it just with phones.

http://www.asternic.org

Best regards,

--
Nicolás Gudiño