[Asterisk-Users] SIP Options

Marconi Rivello marconirivello at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 20:59:32 MST 2004

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 23:20:55 -0400, Jake Thompson <jake at jakethompson.com> wrote:
> My idea is to use Asterisk with a SIP provider and SIP clients.  I
> currently have a Vonage account already.  So adding the 9.99 a month
> Soft Phone would be easy.  However, there seems to be contriversy on
> weather or not this is a stable solution.
>
> The BroadVoice BYOD 100 Minute package will probably work well too since
> almost all calls will be incoming.

I don't know if I understand exactly what you want... But if you want
inbound calls, you can use FWD with IPKALL for a washington state DID,
and/or stanaphone for a NY DID. They're both totally free for inbound.
Stanaphone allows outbound, with good rates.

If you want to make outbound calls, mutualphone and gafachi have
really good rates without monthly fees. Mutualphone only works with
G729. Gafachi supports other codecs.

Regards,
Marconi.