[Asterisk-Users] Question calling number

Guillaume du Manoir gdma-asterisk at bde.enseeiht.fr
Wed Sep 15 07:55:35 MST 2004

Hello all,

I have a question concerning the calling number with an incoming PSTN call
through a E100P :

Here is what I see with a pri debug :

< Calling Number (len=14) [ Ext: 0  TON: National Number (2)  NPI: ISDN/Telephony Numbering Plan (E.164/E.163) (1)
<                           Presentation: Presentation permitted, user number not screened (0) 'XXXX333007' ]
< [6c 0b 20 83 32 34 37 33 33 33 30 33 30]
< Calling Number (len=13) [ Ext: 0  TON: National Number (2)  NPI: Unknown Number Plan (0)
<                           Presentation: Presentation allowed of network provided number (3) 'XXXX33030' ]
< [70 05 81 34 32 34 33]

There are two calling numbers : one is the real number (the first one), the
second one is the "group number" (I don't know the correct word for this, maybe
"head number" of the group ?).
Asterisk is using the second one when I think it should use the first one.

How could I tell asterisk to pick the first number ?
The info is decoded by libpri, so it should be possible to change asterisk's
default behaviour.

Thanks a lot !
Guillaume