[Asterisk-Users] IAX to IAX connect question

Raul Elizondo (wizardteam) rauleli at wizardteam.com
Wed Sep 15 05:36:48 MST 2004

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for answering, now i got some other questions.

Acording to http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+iax+rsa+auth, and my
understanding of peer and user, [FWD-service] in the sample you provide me
should be type=peer as it will be the master/server, and [FWD-gw] should be
type=user as it is a client for FWD service.

Now, lets think that office is FWD, and home is a common client of FWD, so
the question is simple.  If i set:

Home:iax.conf
register => user:pass at dynoffice.tld

[office]
type=user
host=dynoffice.tld
context=fromoffice
auth=rsa
inkeys=myastkey

Home:extensions.conf
[extensions]
exten => 101,1,Dial(Zap/1,20)
exten => 101,2,Voicemail(u${EXTEN})
exten => 101,3,Hangup
exten => 101,102,Voicemail(b${EXTEN}}
exten => 101,103,Hangup

[fromoffice]
exten => s,1,goto(extensions,101,1)

The question is:  What would i need to set in office in order to receive
calls from FWD or another service?

-=Raul=-

> Office:/etc/asterisk/iax.conf ...
>
> [FWD-service]
> type=user   ; we are letting a remote user use this server to call FWD
> username=rfwduser   ; their username with us here
> host=dynamic   ; their host may not have a fixed ip address
> context=fwd-service
>
> [FWD-gw] ; outbound connections to FWD from here
> type=peer
> username=12345
> host=iax2.fwdnet.net
>

> Home:/etc/asterisk/iax.conf ...
>
> [FWD-gw]
> type=peer   ; we are using the remote office server as a gateway to call
out
> username=rfwduser   ; our username with the remote office server
> host=ip-or-dns   ; the ip address or dns name of the remote office server
>
> Office:/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf ...
>
> [globals]
> FWDUSERID=12345
> FWDUSERNAME=Fred Flintstone Inc
> FWDGW=IAX2/12345 at FWD-gw ; this is FWD's IAX server
>
> [fwd-service]
> ; we provide this context for remote users calling FWD through us
> exten => _X.,1,SetCallerID(${FWDUSERID})
> exten => _X.,2,SetCIDName(${FWDUSERNAME})
> exten => _X.,3,Dial(${FWDGW}/${EXTEN},60,r)
> exten => _X.,4,Hangup
>
> Home:/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf ...
>
> [globals]
> FWDGW=IAX2/rfwduser at FWD-gw ; this is our office server acting as a gateway
>
> [fwd-service]
> ; we use the remote server at the office to call FWD
> exten => _X.,1,Dial($FWDGW}/${EXTEN},60,r)
> exten => _X.,2,Hangup
> ;
> ; Don't forget to include this context for anybody who is supposed to use
it