[Asterisk-Users] Patching UK Caller ID

George Gardiner asterisk at georgej.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 14 12:56:14 MST 2004

I'd be grateful for some help on this.  I've been following the various e-mails on the UK CID issue, particularly the last posting in bug fix 9.

It seems that all I need now is to apply ast-UK-and-DTMF-pol-CID.diff.

I apologise in advance for what is probably a very simple question, but how do I apply this patch.

I've copied the file in to the directory containing the source files for asterisk (which is /usr/src/asterisk) and then I've run:

patch ast-UK-and-DTMF-pol-CID.diff

Unfortunately nothing happens, just a blank line appears and no command line prompt.

The other question I've got is the directory structure.  In the diff file the location of the file is given as:  RCS file: /usr/cvsroot/asterisk/callerid.c,v

I don't have a directory called /usr/cvsroot/.  I've installed Asterisk by following the standard CVS install procedure.  Am I missing something blindingly obvious or should I be RTFM (in which case, could someone point me to the right manual!).

Even if I replace cvsroot with src I get the same no-activity/blank line.

I really would like to get UK caller ID working so I'd be grateful for any pointers from those on the list who know a hellava lot more than I do.

Many thanks,
George

PS  I have looked at three linux manuals I've got at the patch command and can't find anything obvious for me to follow.