[Asterisk-Users] Setting up Asterisk with fwd

Marconi Rivello marconirivello at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 08:30:05 MST 2004

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:15:01 -0400 (EDT), Jon Miron <nxe at rogers.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm trying to get my Asterisk server up and running on
> fwd.pulver.com just to get the hang of it until I get
> my FXO card in a couple of days.  It seems to connect
> but that's about it.  If I try to dial into it from
> another fwd # it says user is not online.
>
> In sip.conf I have the following added:
>
> register => xxxxxx:xxxxxx at fwd.pulver.com/489125

Replace 489125 with your extension in extensions.conf. I suppose
that's your FWD number... If that's also your extension, it is
alright.

> [fwd.pulver.com]

I believe this shouldn't match a hostname... Because you'll probably
have a problem in extensions.conf... change it to FWD or whatever you
find more appropriate.

> type=friend
> secret=xxxxxxx
> username=xxxxxx
> fromuser=xxxxxx
> fromdomain=fwd.pulver.com
> host=fwd.pulver.com
> dtmfmode=inband
> nat=yes
> canreinvite=novv
>
> Is there something wrong with this?  Why isn't it
> signing into fwd?

type in the CLI: sip show registry
...and see if it is registered.

> Also, I wanted to set it up so I could dial 8 + fwd #
> and have it call out using this, but it doesn't appear
> to work.  Apparently this Asterisk stuff is harder
> than it looks :)
>
> exten =>
> _8.,2,Dial(SIP/{$EXTEN}@fwd.pulver.com/$(EXTEN),20,tr)

_8.,2,Dial(SIP/{$EXTEN:1}@fwd,20,tr)

here is where assigning a real hostname in a sip.conf entry might give
you a headache...

> Thanks in advance for any help!

You're welcome. But you made some basic mistakes. You should really
take a look at the asterisk wiki. That's very helpful, and even has a
working FWD example. The handbook 2nd edition draft is also a very
good start material.

Hope I could help...
Marconi.