[Asterisk-Users] Get Connected With Kingston A How To Guide

Simon simon at orbital.net
Tue Sep 14 07:20:39 MST 2004

All

Probably teaching you all to suck eggs but.

My provider is Kingston Comms ( UK ) and I have had a bit of a struggle to
get the * system setup on their cct's.
Just thought I would let you all know what I had to do.

Firstly order ISDN 110  they will try to provide ISDN 85 as standard.

Make sure these settings are correctly defined.

[zapata.conf]
signalling=pri_cpe
switchtype=euroisdn
pridialplan=local
/* And all the other stuff as usual */

If you want to send out your number i.e. SetCallerID(0870XXXXXXX) then you
will need to ask for

a) Type 3 agreement ( if you only have 1 number to present )
b) Type 5 agreement ( this will enable you to send out more than one number
, we have a range of 0870 / 0845 .This is the one I went for )
These agreements will have to be passed through the legal dept and will be
added/included with your contract, once signed the service will be
activated.

Datafill ( A Kingston Dept ) will need to turn the Presentation DN Service
on.

Not knowing what I actually needed ( newbie ) this has taken about 6 weeks
to accomplish. Hopefully with these few note's it might be a bit quicker for
anyone else.
I must say that as a company Kingston have been more than helpful and
willing to talk / guide me through this.

If anyone is interested in taking a service from them email me off list and
I will pass your details on to my account manager.

Best Regards
Simon