[Asterisk-Users] Newbie question: X101P card - Asterisk - /dev/dsp0

Wayne Veilleux wayne.veilleux at sympatico.ca
Tue Sep 14 03:47:53 MST 2004

Hi,

I'm new to *. I just installed my X101P card with * from the source on
Mandrake 10.0 and I test it. Everything seems to work fine. When I call
at my home office all the demo ivr seem to work. But I have one question
regarding * using /dev/dsp0. I only have one sound card on my system and
it has to be use by my personnal PVR called MythTV. I though that * did
not need a sound card to work. All I need from * is the ivr/cti function
and the answering mailbox system (and maybe the fax option someday). Does
anybody could help me on that ? Does * really need /dev/dsp0 to work ?

Here is the lsof output when * is running:

lsof | grep dsp
asterisk  14502   root   16u   CHR   14,3  2489 /dev/dsp0

Very thanks in advance.
--
WayComm
Wayne Veilleux ing., GCIA, CISSP