[Asterisk-Users] Making the Old PABX work with new * box

alexb at sirca.org.au alexb at sirca.org.au
Mon Sep 13 22:37:35 MST 2004

Afternoon All,

We are looking at replacing our Goldstar GDK-162 (digital) system with a *
box, however I would like to know if there is know migration paths.

We have 4 x ISDN 2 services (8lines) with 100 in dial numbers coming into
out GDK-162 system. What I would like to do and not sure if this can be
done,

would be to install the * server as a bridge which could then filter out
number which have been moved from hard phones to softphones.

eg:
ISDN ------|*|------|GDK-162|

or is there any other way of having two systems (* and GDK) working side
by side??

After typing this out I believe that I have answered my own question with
a simple NO but I live in hope.....

Cheers
Alex

Technical Support Manager