[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 dropping call?

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Mon Sep 13 04:38:02 MST 2004

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 10:35:33PM +0200, steve at daviesfam.org wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 matt.riddell at sineapps.com wrote:
> > I posted to the -dev list the other night (although I was a little
> > drunk) about whether the busydetect code recognizes the cadences as
> > well as the tone.  Reason being that there are definitely not 6 x
> > busy length tones being played that would cause it to be hung
> > up...not even one.  I think (without looking at the code) that what
> > it is doing is looking for the tone and increasing a var.
>
> I always found the busydetect code much more inclined to hang up on women
> than on men.  The voice pitch I suppose.  Just what us comms geeks with
> longsuffering guinea-pig wives/GFs at home don't need.

This is exactly my experience, too.  My wife and her friends were getting
dropped calls, as was my mother-in-law.  My FIL did too, but both the inlaws
were also using an 888 # to use a calling card.

Digium/someone suggested hopping my busycount from 5 to 10 and I don't think
it's happened since then.

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
	Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.