[Asterisk-Users] Final Help on setting up x100p

Nicolás Gudiño asternic at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 13:11:37 MST 2004

Hello,

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:26:26 -0300, Marconi Rivello
<marconirivello at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 13:18:41 -0500, Eric Wieling <eric at fnords.org> wrote:
> > The Phone port wired to the Line port so you can still use a phone
> > plugged into the card when the server is down or powered off.  Let me
> > repeat this: You cannot plug a phone into the X100P and expect it to
> > work with Asterisk.
>
> I would like to use normal phones too... What are the cheapest FXS
> cards available? Or IPphones?

The cheapest IP phones are the Grandstream Budgetone (around $70). You
can also try analog adapters, like the Sipura SPA2000 (around $50 per
fxs port). If you like Asterisk and IAX, you can try the IAXy ($99).
The cheapest ATA is the new Linksys PAP2 (around $50 for two ports),
but it might be locked to Vonage.

In my experience, the sipuras work great. The grandstream not so great.

--
Nicolás Gudiño
Buenos Aires - Argentina