[Asterisk-Users] Final Help on setting up x100p

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sun Sep 12 11:18:41 MST 2004

The Phone port wired to the Line port so you can still use a phone
plugged into the card when the server is down or powered off.  Let me
repeat this: You cannot plug a phone into the X100P and expect it to
work with Asterisk.

On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 13:09, Rodolfo Grave wrote:
> But I see there is a plug for LINE and another for PHONE..... and also
> I'm almost sure I read you could connect a normal phone to the x100p...
>
> Eric Wieling wrote:
>
> >The X100P is for connecting to phone LINES (telco lines) not for
> >connecting to phones.
> >
> >FXO = expects to RECEIVE dialtone and ring voltage
> >FXS = expects to PROVIDE dialtone and ring voltage.
> >
> >On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 12:59, Rodolfo Grave wrote:
> >

> >>Hi.
> >>
> >>I have installed a x100p (THE x100p for those who have seen my former
> >>post). Now I just want to connect a "normal" phone (not an IP phone) to
> >>the card and use it as a sip extension (I have a FWD account)... more
> >>clearly:
> >>
> >>I want to be able to pick up the phone and call any FWD user using my
> >>FWD account... receive the FWD calls in that phone, and also to be able
> >>to make normal PSTN calls...
> >>
> >>I suppose that's possible (I find it very simple for the things you can
> >>do with asterisk), but I'm a bit lost in the configuration options and I
> >>want to use this simple settings to go in there and understand all that
> >>better.... I do have read the documentation, but I'm still a bit lost.
> >>
> >>Thanks to everybody, you're a helpful community.
> >>
> >>RODOLFO
> >>

> >>---
> >>avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
> >>Virus Database (VPS): 0437-1, 09/09/2004
> >>Tested on: 12/09/2004 19:59:19
> >>avast! - copyright (c) 2000-2004 ALWIL Software.

> ---
> Virus Database (VPS): 0437-1, 09/09/2004
> Tested on: 12/09/2004 20:09:51

          Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-899-1387 x2111
"In a related story, the IRS has recently ruled that the cost of Windows
upgrades can NOT be deducted as a gambling loss."