[Asterisk-Users] GSM / Radio

Sun Sep 12 00:56:24 MST 2004

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 04:18:34 -0300, Marconi Rivello
<marconirivello at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was looking for a GSM gateway, but I didn't find any prices...
> Anybody knows how much one of these costs?

As I mentioned in the other thread, the cheapest single channel GSM to
FXO gateway I have come accross was about 150 USD, IIRC.

Just google for "GSM gateway" and contact some of the resellers on the list.

> And, is it possible to use an amateur radio with asterisk?

Jim Dixon, the guy who created Zaptel is a radio ham (WB6NIL) and he
has just (July 2004) released the design for a radio interface card
plus rpt_app for Asterisk which integrates Asterisk and amateur radio.
You'll find more information about this on the Zapata Telephony
website ...

http://www.zapatatelephony.org/app_rpt.html

rgds
benjk