[Asterisk-Users] mknod /dev/phone0 c 100 0

Sys. Concept Inc. info at sys-concept.com
Sun Sep 12 00:28:14 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 00:56, Brian Capouch wrote:
> Sys. Concept Inc. wrote:
> > I want * to answer the phone when call comes-in.
> > I've enabled /dev/phone0 in phone.conf and created /dev/phone0 with a
> > command:
> > mknod /dev/phone0 c 100 0
> >
> > Though, when I start * I get:
> > Parsing '/etc/asterisk/phone.conf': Found
> > Sep 12 00:18:42 WARNING[16384]: chan_phone.c:950 mkif: Unable to open
> > '/dev/phone0'
> > Sep 12 00:18:42 ERROR[16384]: chan_phone.c:1141 load_module: Unable to
> > register channel '/dev/phone0'
> >
> > What am I doing wrong?
> >

> Do you have a Quicknet card, and are you sure the modules are either
> built into the kernel or loaded up?
>
> Both of those things are requisites for /dev/phone0 being of any use to
> asterisk.

No, I don't have Quicknet; I just have Supira 3000
What modules do I load and how?

Wiki webpage is one with the most information on it but I have a hard
time "clue it together" as the information is either missing or
incomplete.
Reading through the configuration section the way I understand is that I
need to define the channel on which the calls comes-in, so in my case it
is a phone, and the configuration file is phone.conf.  But there is no
instruction how to make the /dev/phone0 or what modules to load if any.

--
#Joseph