[Asterisk-Users] Re: Distinctive Ring

David Cook dbc_asterisk at advan.ca
Sat Sep 11 14:13:10 MST 2004

Quoting asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com:

> If I have a Wildcard X100P and Asterisk, it is possible to make it
> answer only the distinctive ring call of two short rings and ignore
> the regular incoming ring?
>
> Bill Lohr

Absolutely.

[zapata.conf]
dring1=0,0,0
dring1context=distring1
dring2=326,0,0
dring2context=distring2
dring3=93,0,0
dring3context=distring3
dring4=94,0,0
dring4context=distring4
channel => 1

[extensions.conf]
[distring1]
exten => s,1,NoOp(${CALLERID})

[distring2]
exten => s,1,NoOp(${CALLERID})

[distring3]
exten => s,1,NoOp(${CALLERID})

[distring4]
exten => s,1,NoOp(${CALLERID})

Each context distring1-4 will be answered by the appropriate distinctive
ring cadence. The NoOp command will log the CALLERID to the CDR
database so you still have a record of it.

Simply put your "real" extensions in the context that you want answered
in place of the NoOp command.

In zapata.conf you will need to change the dring"x" line to be the three
digit code that shows in your console when that ring cadence arrives.
So you need to call the system with that number and record the values
you get on the console, then put them in zapata.conf as appropriate.

Enjoy.
dbc.
--
David Cook