[Asterisk-Users] Re: RE: Organization wide

Tim Jackson tim at angelinacounty.net
Fri Sep 10 18:56:25 MST 2004

Well, 1GB is what it has now, I can up it to 4GB but I think that's over
kill ;). The coolest part about this machine is 3 PCI busses. 2 64bit
and 1 32bit. I'm assuming that this would make IP through the machine
quite a bit more robust. Since these machines can be had for $500-600
refurbed it is what I was looking at using for the PBX machines. 3x
power supplies in them, no RAID as of now, but it's a matter of putting
in a card (hot-swap drives already)

I'm assuming the best way for failover is to have identical dialplans on
the machines (using IAX trunks?). What about synchronizing SIP
extensions between machines? Use MySQL? Like you mentioned about primary
and secondary sip proxies on phones, what's the best way to notify the
phone that the proxy has changed? Use DNS with some sort of scripting?

-Tim