[Asterisk-Users] Re: Organization wide

William Boehlke William.Boehlke at signate.com
Fri Sep 10 17:44:37 MST 2004

Our experience is very different.

You can use * as a VoIP PBX. You can also use it as a conventional PBX. And
as a hybrid. One of *s benefits.

You can replace all your phones with SIP phones. You can also reuse analog
and the common types of digital phones. Or mix and match.  Another of *s
benefits.

Call Manager is 75-100% more expensive than * at any sizing we've seen, and
less reliable. More of *'s benefits.

You only need to worry about QOS in certain specific situations.

Agree that routers are excellent for gateways but don't like the price
performance below 4 T1s.

Also agree that one's eyes had better be wide open because there's a lot of
conflicting information out there and I recognize that I just contributed to
it.

William