[Asterisk-Users] Definity <-> Asterisk w/callerid

Robert.Kelly at ebimed.com Robert.Kelly at ebimed.com
Fri Sep 10 14:05:35 MST 2004

Hi there,
So I've finally got our Definity and * box talking back and forth, but
can't figure out how get callerid sent from the Definity to *.
Has anyone had any success with this? I've tried every combination of
zapata.conf variables pertaining to callerid with the same results:
Accepting call from '' to 'xxxx' on channel 0/1, span 1.
On the SIP phones I receive the callerid as 'asterisk'. Is this an *
default when none is available?
Callerid gets sent to the Definity from * just fine, (although there's some
funky character prepended to the id on my 8411d phone)
All the send id/number options are enabled on the Definity's trunk
definition.

Here are my current configs: (Using PRI w/T100P ->TN464 + 120A2 CSU)

zaptel.conf:

span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=1-23
dchan=24