[Asterisk-Users] Sangoma S508 Rev-B

Benedict P. Barszcz kb2qzv at poczta.wp.pl
Fri Sep 10 12:46:26 MST 2004

Hi list,
I've browsed through the wiki pages and finally would like to get some
answers from peple who perhaps had used such card. I have the sangoma
s508 card. It has no CSU/DSU. It is an ISA card with DB9 and DB25
connectors (for RS232 and V34/X21/EIA interfaces). They claim it is a
frame relay and syncronous ppp card.

Can I use this card with asterisk in any way but without subscription to
a Frame Relay account? Perhaps in similiar manner as T1/E1 between a
channel bank and an asterisk server. Or perhaps there is way to make it
behave like a kind of an FXS interface (to anything).

I am just curious whether I could play around (in strict sense) with the
card and see how asterisk can handle it...

I have no single telefony hardware but my phone line, a telephone set
and an ISA AOpen analog modem card (with RCVDL56ACF/SP chip on it;
someone claimed 'tis the only modem working with modem channel driver
under asterisk).

Thanks for any answers.

Benedict