[Asterisk-Users] iaxy vs sipura

Andy Powell andy at beagles-den.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 10 05:05:09 MST 2004

On 07/09/2004 at 23:57 Benjamin on Asterisk Mailing Lists wrote:

>On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 08:14:57 -0500, Brian Capouch <brianc at palaver.net>
>wrote:
>> If you have a Linux laptop with you, then in fact the SIP devices can be
>> configured to "hide" behind it.  The laptop can then run an instance of
>> asterisk that connects to the "home" asterisk server,
>
>Like I said: I run Asterisk on my Powerbook to do IAX to my company's
>Asterisk server.
>
>Keep in mind though that you don't need to have a Linux notebook to do
>this. A Powerbook running MacOSX runs Asterisk just fine. This may not
>be much of an issue for the Linux geeks and techies on the list, but
>if you have to send sales people and other non-tech folks on business
>trips and give them something to connect, then probably a Powerbook
>running OSX will be an easier choice since they get to keep their
>native MS-Office.

At the risk of stating the obvious.... if you have a laptop not running MacOSX (ie perhaps running windows) download my asterisk live! cd ( http://www.automated.it/asterisk/ ), burn it and test it on your laptop and bung it in your laptop case along with your iaxy/sipura/whatever
and errm... problem solved.. :D

Andy