[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P lockups (FXO)

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Sep 10 05:43:25 MST 2004

> > Are the FXOs on the 2x on ports 1-2 or 3-4?  Maybe it has to
> > do with *any* FXO on port 1...
> >
> > Please get back with the list with your findings.
> >

> My experience led to a replacement from Digium, but the card is a
> TDM400P with 4 FXO...now that I think of it, during troubleshooting
> there was some correlation to the first port on the card (port 1)...not
> the first module - I swapped module positions to varying locations on
> the card without success, but then again they are all FXO...Maybe *is*
> possible that the TDM400P doesn't like an FXO module in port 1 as you
> are suggesting...Like I said, in the end I got a new revision board from
> digium, all 4 ports are still FXO and working great now...

If memory serves correctly, there was a problem using an fxo module on
port 1 that was diagnosed roughly thirty days after the initial tdm
card was released. Seems to me that someone indicated it was a design
problem with the card (apparently missing one circuit board trace or
something like that), and that digium was replacing the cards for
those that had the problem. The replacement tdm card had an extra wire
jumper installed on it. The short-term fix (back then) was to move the
fxo module to another position (if possible).

Support should know all about that.

Rich