[Asterisk-Users] Dialing Out through Provider with Authentication

Begumisa Gerald M beg_g at eahd.or.ug
Fri Sep 10 04:44:26 MST 2004

      On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Johannes Hollerer wrote:

    > I tried to make a call to extension 2001 with the setting
    > 2000 at provider.com (Detailed: exten =>
    > _7.,2,Dial(SIP/2000 at provider.com/${EXTEN:1})  which does not work at
    > all - i always get the failure message: No such host
    > provider.com/2001 (the number i dialed) - why ??

What I understood from Karl's message is that you need to create a peer in
sip.conf.  For example below:

-- sip.conf --
[myprovider]
type=peer
username=USERNAME
host=PROVIDER.COM
secret=SECRET
--

Then in extensions.conf, do the following:

--
exten => _7.,2,Dial(SIP/myprovider/${EXTEN:1})
--

This should work.  What Karl meant is that using the statement below:

--
exten => _7.,2,Dial(SIP/2000 at provider.com)
--

Will only work if you are dialilng a *specific* extension on provider.com.
The statement below:

--
exten => _7.,2,Dial(SIP/2000 at provider.com/${EXTEN:1})
--