[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk server keeps crashing

David asterisk at startupanywhere.org
Thu Sep 9 23:09:01 MST 2004

All,

I am very new to pbx hardware and equipment and any help will be greatly
appreciated.  I am now the proud owner of a TDM422p and Iaxy/S100I.  The server is
running debian testing so I first installed the asterisk deb package.  To get the
zap modules, I compiled zaptel-1.0-RC2.  After some configuration, everything worked
as expected.  Then the server crashed -- locked up hard.  Nothing in the logs,
completely frozen.  This is a server that typically runs months on end with no
problems.

After repeated crashes, I tried different slots in the computer to put the TDM422p
on different IRQ settings.  I also upgraded to asterisk-1.0-RC2 (compiled from
source).  Still had lockups, but I couldn't get the board on its own irq.  So I
moved it to another machine where it could have its own irq.  Now that machine locks
up.  The lockups always occur within 1-4 hours.  When running, the pbx works just as
intended, but the crashes are making the system unusable.

I am pulling my hair out with this problem and my SO wants me to give up the
project.  Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
David