[Asterisk-Users] astwind has any one got this thing to work?

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Thu Sep 9 20:58:35 MST 2004

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, hank smith wrote:

> hello I am fitteling with the astwind-installer-0.1.1.exe asterisk for
> windows and am having trouble getting the thing to connect to the meers
> to download the updates and stuff.  I looked at the wiki and set up
> networking and stuff with no success, has any one got this thing to work
> successfully?

Yes. The networking issue that you are fighting with is the hardest part.
If you haven't please check out:

http://www.colinux.org/wiki/index.php/coLinuxNetworking

Look about halfway down the page for "Native network (Bridged)
(Windows2000 or WindowsXP)"

Follow the instructions. I'll bet any money that you are having problems
finding out what the real name of your Network adapter is.

> my windows box is the faster of the 2 machines and my main linux box is
> down at the moment.  I am running a netgear rp614 router behind nat if
> this helps but I have tried and tried and tried to get this sucker up
> with no luck any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.
> thanks
> hank

Come grab me on irc.freenode.org #asterisk.. Look for Damin. I put
together the installer, so I can certainly help! ;)

                             KP-216-121-ST