[Asterisk-Users] WellGate 3504A with Asterisk SIP authenticationand config

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Thu Sep 9 20:03:40 MST 2004

On 10/09/2004 07:07 Leo Ann Boon said the following:
> The 3502 does register with 2 accounts.

not the 3504A in Proxy Mode. i think i've nailed it down to the fact
that the 3504A (firmware 107a) uses the same SIP Call-ID but changes the
tag= parameter in the From header when it responds to the 407 Proxy
Authentication response from asterisk, thus leaving asterisk with no way
to match the REGISTER  packet with auth credentials against the original
REGISTER packet sent by the 3504A. based on my reading of RFC3261, this
violates the RFC, but perhaps someone with better SIP kung fu could chip
in to correct me if otherwise.

this has been reported to WellTech, but we've yet to get a response from
them.

i've fashioned a patch which solves this behaviour and it works fine
under asterisk 0.9.0 on freebsd, but am testing it on 1.0-RC on linux
before i send it in.

--dinesh