[Asterisk-Users] Uniden UIP 200

Ryan Courtnage ryan at voxbox.ca
Thu Sep 9 17:24:53 MST 2004

Jonathan Moore wrote:

> Unfortunately we missed on big problem with Call waiting in our testing. When
> using asterisk 0.9.1 or rc2 the phone will reboot when you hit the flash button
> to roll over to the second call.

We were experiencing random uip200 rebooting after upgrading the phone
firmware.  It usually happened when dialing.

Uniden suggested using the 'Factory Reset' menu option on the phones.
This did eliminate the phone rebooting we were seeing.

> Secondly if I want to be able to do flash transfers with the phone, but not be
> bothered with having call waiting buzz in my ear is there a way to configure
> asterisk to make this happen?

There is no 'call waiting on/off' switch in *.  You can, however, use
logic to ensure that * never sends a call to a phone that is in-use.

There are several ways to do this.  An easy way is to implement
SetGroup/CheckGroup in the dialplan:

http://voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+SetGroup

Ryan