[Asterisk-Users] Legacy Toshiba Phones

Leo Ann Boon leo at innovax.com.sg
Thu Sep 9 16:04:42 MST 2004

Michael Little wrote:

>As far as I know, you will not be able to keep the digital phones.  They
>are PBX specific.  I am faced with the same situation.  Unfortunately, I
>cannot get the funds to replace all the phones, so I am stuck with using
>the Strata PBX and replacing the Stratagy voicemail with Asterisk.  I
>will slowly replace the phones and phase out the Strata.

Not necessarily so. Recently I discovered that Artisoft's Televantage
Soft PBX can support Toshiba Strata CS digital phones (DKT 2000 and
3000) through a  PCI 16-port digital station card (Toshiba part
#CS-DKTU-TV). Apparently, the Strata CS is an OEM licensed version of
Televantage. It would be quite cool if an Asterisk driver can be
developed for the 16-port digital station card.

Regards
Leo