[Asterisk-Users] Debian Sarge -- cvs vs. apt-get

Deon Rodden drodden at webunited.net
Thu Sep 9 15:02:49 MST 2004

What I did with Gentoo, which may work similarly with Debian, was first
I emerge'd the Asterisk 0.9.0 version that Gentoo offered. The benefits
of this was it downloaded and installed all the dependencies and then
installed Asterisk. I then used CVS to download the latest (with all the
bug fixes and patches) and then just updated the copy Gentoo installed.

Maybe you can use apt-get to get Asterisk, it should cover dependencies.
Then you can use cvs to overwrite the binaries and libraries to get the
latest.