[Asterisk-Users] Polycom IP500 vs Cisco 7940

Jody N. Rudolph jody at hcis.net
Thu Sep 9 11:32:25 MST 2004

The Polycom IP500s do support customized ringtones and can use a customized
ALERT_INFO for all of them. One thing that is worth noting in this
comparison is that the IP500 doesn't support the XHTML microbrowser that the
IP600 does. Since they both use the same SIP application I am hoping they
enable this in future but as of now it doesn't work. I actually had 30 of
these before I found this out but would still recommend these over any phone
in the price range.

Jody N. Rudolph
Heartland Communications Internet Services, Inc
1301 Boadway
Paducah, KY 42001
jody at hcis.net