[Asterisk-Users] Legacy Toshiba Phones

Kenneth Shaw ken at expitrans.com
Thu Sep 9 09:56:09 MST 2004

I found some postings from Google (notably from Mark Spencer) about
successful integration of a legacy Toshiba Strata system and Asterisk.

I am also facing that current dilemma. The general legacy solutions that
I can come up with is very easy -- either making Asterisk a "proxy" (or
frontdoor) to the Toshiba system, or have it operate behind the Toshiba
via regular extensions.

I'm looking to improve the VoiceMail system (and conferencing, etc.
etc.).

All in all, what I'd most prefer is completely dropping the Toshiba
system and just replacing the PBX itself and keeping the current
physical phones. Has anyone had any success in accomplishing this, or
could refer me to better information on the web?

All that I really need to figure out how to do is to get the phone
specific (Toshiba DKT2020-SD and DKT2010-H phones) features such as
Paging and the Digital Displays to work.

-Ken Shaw...