[Asterisk-Users] T100P calls with playback starts speaking be fore pickup

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Wed Sep 8 15:05:03 MST 2004

{clip}

When dialing internal extensions the PBX can follow the progress of the call
right down to the state of the handset - this information is conveyed back
over the T1 using whatever signalling protocol is configured (E&M, PRI
etc.). However calls through the analog trunks are considered 'connected' by
your PBX as soon the analog line is up. As I understand it you would need to
have T1/PRI signalling coming in to your PBX from the Telco for it to be
able to understand what's happening ont he other side of the telcos central
office systems.

Hope that helps.

Kris Boutilier
Information Systems Coordinator