[Asterisk-Users] successful echo cancellation!!! (multitech)

Joe Antkowiak antkojm1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 12:35:50 MST 2004

We recently had a customer install that went horribly wrong.  Serious
echo (pots lines into a cac cb) that, although * did a good job
getting rid of alot of it, could not get rid of it all.  We tried
everything, every canceller, gain setting, etc...  combination
possible to no avail.

Both the vegastream and mediatrix boxes also could not get rid of all
of the echo.

So, on an off chance, we bought an 8 port fxs/fxo/e&m gateway made by
multitech.  The echo cancellation on this device is amazing.  There is
no trace of the echo and the conversation is still full duplex.  And,
the box works perfectly with asterisk.  Unfortunately, the retail
price on these boxes is $3k.

Just thought I'd share my experience...