[Asterisk-Users] Help needed!

Renu Rangnekar rrenu at cedt.iisc.ernet.in
Wed Sep 8 06:28:11 MST 2004

Hi all,
I am an MTech student and currently working on a project on GSM air
interface. I am making use of Asterisk soft PBX. I am stuck at a point
regarding this.  As far as I understood from the available Asterisk
documentation that Asterisk can easily plug into it the various programming
interfaces and different codecs in it can seemlessly talk to one another.
Asterisk has a codec translator API for GSM. Is it possible to make Asterisk
directly communicate with a GSM air interface module thourgh the GSM codec
API ? That means that i would be making a call from IP phone that wil be
routed through the asterisk to the GSM interface. If it is possible, where
should i make the necessay changes to enable this interworking.
Kindly help. Any kind of suggestions are welcome.
Renu Rangnekar