[Asterisk-Users] Answer confirmation on non-Zap channels?

Tim Robinson timweb at txrx.org.uk
Wed Sep 8 00:39:05 MST 2004

Hi Marty

I think this is a valuable add-on to my feature request to play audio
until # is pressed - see
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0002356

At the moment just hearing silence is not very helpful to users.
Perhaps we can extend this feature to

a) provide this support on multiple channels.  I think this may mean
moving it out of chan_zap.c and putting it into app_dial.c to make it
more generic.
b) Provide the ability to playback multiple files or messages to the
called party whilst waiting for answer.  e.g.
Background(you have a call from)
SayDigits(${CALLERIDNUM}}
Background(press # to accept, * to deflect to voicemail, or hang up to
ignore...}

and only send answerback to the called party when the call is finally
accepted by pressing the # key.

Anyone else got any suggestions - or inclination to code this?!

Thanks
Tim