[Asterisk-Users] Problems with length of voicemail

Marty Mastera mmastera at m3resources.com
Tue Sep 7 22:50:08 MST 2004

	I wonder if anyone else's Asterisk box drops the connection to
voicemail after 30 secs even when the maxmessage parameter is set to 180
(3 mins). Here is the general section of my voicemail:

Roger,

There has been very recent discussion regarding this topic
exactly...specifically when using BroadVoice as a sip provider.  Calls
to your BroadVoice DID that end up in VM terminate after 30 seconds The
current theory is that during VM recording, * doesn't send any audio
packets back to BroadVoice...after 30 seconds BroadVoice thinks that the
connection has been lost and terminates the call...(I'm paraphrasing the
thread that recently appeared on this topic, forgive me if this isn't
completely accurate)

Assuming that this is correct, you could be using BroadVoice, or another
provider who disconnects after not receiving audio for some period of
time...

Hope that helps,

Marty