[Asterisk-Users] Problems with length of voicemail

box100 box100 at easlick.com
Tue Sep 7 20:12:28 MST 2004

I wonder if anyone else's Asterisk box drops the connection to voicemail after 30 secs even when the maxmessage parameter is set to 180 (3 mins). Here is the general section of my voicemail:

[general]
;
format=wav49
maxmessage=180
attach=yes

Even if it only gave the caller 30 sec to leave a message it would be nice to tell the caller that they have run out of time before ending the connection. Is this a bug or a feature?

The issue seems to be the exact same one as in the following post:

http://www.marko.net/asterisk/archives/0212/0599.html

In my case as well, it does *not* occur if I call from one internal extension to another, but rather when the caller is originating from an external SIP connection. I didn't see a resolution to that post. Just a request for debugging info.

(I must say, I love that it sends a text message to my cell phone whenever I get a VM. The file attachment of the VM message is *very* nice as well. Well done.)

Thanks,
Roger Easlick