[Asterisk-Users] Maximum tollerable lag/jitter for IAX2 w/o jitterbuffer enabled?

el Flynn el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com
Tue Sep 7 19:22:59 MST 2004

Kris Boutilier wrote:
>  I'm having a problem with intersite calls over IAX2 being abruptly
> terminated. Nothing odd shows in any of the logs for Asterisk or the host.
> The only think I can think it might be is a lag-spike on the site to site
> connection.

Has this happened before when making calls over IAX2, or did this just
crop up? I once had a problem where internal calls over IAX2 was fine,
but when calling the outside world to another * box it would cut me off
after ten seconds everytime.

Fixed it by setting "notransfer=yes" in iax.conf. But as the Wiki says
this directly affects CDR and billing information.

It sounds too probable a solution, so most likely may not be the same
problem you're facing. My 2 cents.

Flynn